Making a move soon and want to cut on costs? Saving on a move is easier than one would think! Follow these easy tips for a successful and affordable move!
How to Save on Money on Moving Costs
- Drive a truck – You could save over $1,000 by renting and driving a moving truck/van as opposed to hiring a team to drive a moving truck for you. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t use movers to help load and unload the truck if needed. The cost will still be much lower just by picking up the driving duty on your own.
- Pack yourself/enlist friends & family – Instead of hiring a crew to pack/load items for you, do as much as possible on your own and with family/friends. Again, this could save you hundreds to thousands of dollars! It is worth the personal labor.
- Find low cost packing supplies – Amazon, Target, Walmart and the Dollar Store are just a few ideas of where to purchase low cost packing supplies. The most expensive place to buy these items is actually at moving, packing, and shipping stores! Keep this in mind to save a few dollars (or more).
- Look into moving discounts – AAA, military, and employee related discounts all exist to help save some dollars! Do your research, there are plenty of other discounts out there as well for apartments, moving expenses, supplies and more!
- Rent furniture – Renting furniture for short-term moves or at the beginning of a long-term move can certainly cut costs. Short-term, it makes sense! Purchasing (or moving) and then disposing of furniture after a short move wastes time and money. Long-term, it can help you get settled in and save money while looking for furniture and saving for it!
Looking for more moving tips? Follow Corporate Rentals on Facebook for all things moving, rental furniture and short term living.
Photo source: Moving.com